Hard 'machine gun' basses? how.

Siyico
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:03 pm

Hard 'machine gun' basses? how.

Post by Siyico » Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:57 am

Sup guys.

I've been trying my absolute hardest to try and make a patch similar to something like this and I've had no luck at all so I thought i'd ask here. Sorry if it's the wrong section or not allowed etc (just close etc if it is :) )


Starting to really annoy me haha.

Hard machine gun sound similar to the links below. Very popular sound in the hard dubstep scene, I just have no clue at all on how to make something similar (then add my own sound onto it etc)

0:58
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dq4powSXNc

0:24
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTbGzBIDtaY

Any information will be really helpfull. Cheers.

Massive, FL10 if that's cool :3 thanks

User avatar
Eat Bass
Posts: 1843
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:01 pm
Contact:

Re: Hard 'machine gun' basses? how.

Post by Eat Bass » Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:59 am

fast square wave lfo.

btw for future reference, search for the "how to make this sound" thread and post it in there. this is the worst first post you could have ever possibly made. its frowned upon to post new threads for how to make this sound because its so frequently done and it like asking someone to help them be unoriginal. make your own sounds and just have fun with it. sure imitation is okay to an extent but just be yourself nut brah.

Thatoneguy1224
Posts: 36
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:24 pm

Re: Hard 'machine gun' basses? how.

Post by Thatoneguy1224 » Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:21 am

I'll be quick about this... Do some research about what you want to do and also use problem solving! If it sounds like a specific effect is behind, try it. As for the question:
1) just do some grimy sounds
2) chop it into quick 1/16 patterns
3)do some effects and EQing
Like/follow me, get some free tracks... pretty good, right? :)
https://soundcloud.com/offical-forerunner
https://www.facebook.com/officalforerunner
[Glitch Hop] Teknain - You Make Me So (Forerunner Remix)
Soundcloud

VirtualMark
Posts: 1821
Joined: Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:15 am
Location: UK

Re: Hard 'machine gun' basses? how.

Post by VirtualMark » Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:52 am

It sounds like volume automation giving it the movement.

User avatar
sunny_b_uk
Posts: 899
Joined: Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:48 am
Location: Wolverhampton

Re: Hard 'machine gun' basses? how.

Post by sunny_b_uk » Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:41 pm

this question again, its a bit of everything.
do a pitch drop at the start of the sound using an envelope so it sounds slightly percussive.. also automate distortion etc and resample.
keep automating different FX on this short sound until its a sharp hitting bass.

srankoin
Posts: 23
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:56 am

Re: Hard 'machine gun' basses? how.

Post by srankoin » Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:27 pm

allright well check this out.

starting with one good sound sounding osc. a nice saw, or crude or chrome works really nice in this case.
if ur using chrome and crude put tht either in bend minus or bind plus minus. if ur using a basice wave change the voice up to like 4.
route that to filter one and put on a scream, or bandreject with a performer. have the performer starting at the top frequencies and cut if of in the middle.
some phasing, frequency shifting also thickens up the sound. then run that thru eq/flanger/vocoder etc. however u want. when ur phasing, phase around 5k

Augment
Posts: 1932
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2011 4:59 pm
Location: Norway
Contact:

Re: Hard 'machine gun' basses? how.

Post by Augment » Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:31 pm

Eat Bass wrote:fast square wave lfo.
Downwards ramp LFO works aswell, not sure bout the square.
aka blinkesko
Soundcloud
Jesus Loves Electro - Burning Love (Augment remix)

Spotify: http://spoti.fi/1m5GUjL
iTunes: http://bit.ly/1iHWose

Blingley
Posts: 72
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:36 pm

Re: Hard 'machine gun' basses? how.

Post by Blingley » Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:51 pm

blinkesko wrote:
Eat Bass wrote:fast square wave lfo.
Downwards ramp LFO works aswell, not sure bout the square.
Square probably works if you add some short reverb to the sound.
Image

User avatar
Eat Bass
Posts: 1843
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:01 pm
Contact:

Re: Hard 'machine gun' basses? how.

Post by Eat Bass » Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:01 pm

blinkesko wrote:
Eat Bass wrote:fast square wave lfo.
Downwards ramp LFO works aswell, not sure bout the square.
it has to be super quick for the square to work. like an actual machine gun. not the slow lazery datsiky gun sound, square wont work for that.

User avatar
vault
Posts: 123
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:30 pm
Location: Romania
Contact:

Re: Hard 'machine gun' basses? how.

Post by vault » Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:40 am

Sadhu uses massive for that pretty sure. You have to put Downard Ramp Wavetables from the performer on the wavetable's amp's as a start, the same method Getter uses, as far as I studied his stems. Next thing is chosing a rough wavetable, which you're going to set to Bend +/-, Chrome or Scrap-Yard might work good, and run it through a bandreject filter, and apply some modulation, such as ring and phasing. You might consider detuning it a bit ,adding some tubes, dimension expander, camelphat, resampling, splitting into frequencies, etc.

User avatar
Filthzilla
Posts: 1265
Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:42 pm
Location: London
Contact:

Re: Hard 'machine gun' basses? how.

Post by Filthzilla » Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:12 pm

Sadhu will love this.

Sadhu
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:09 am

Re: Hard 'machine gun' basses? how.

Post by Sadhu » Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:15 pm

vault wrote:Sadhu uses massive for that pretty sure.
i dont :D

User avatar
vault
Posts: 123
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:30 pm
Location: Romania
Contact:

Re: Hard 'machine gun' basses? how.

Post by vault » Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:20 pm

Sadhu wrote:
vault wrote:Sadhu uses massive for that pretty sure.
i dont :D
At least I tried :(

Brothulhu
Posts: 991
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 2:09 am
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland
Contact:

Re: Hard 'machine gun' basses? how.

Post by Brothulhu » Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:49 pm

Sadhu wrote:
vault wrote:Sadhu uses massive for that pretty sure.
i dont :D
I'm guessing you use something pretty basic for the original synth (3xOsc?) and all the rest comes from a chain of distortion and other effects?
Soundcloud
Comfi wrote:I have done nothing more than made shitty dungeon and for that I apologise.

User avatar
sunny_b_uk
Posts: 899
Joined: Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:48 am
Location: Wolverhampton

Re: Hard 'machine gun' basses? how.

Post by sunny_b_uk » Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:38 pm

Brothulhu wrote:I'm guessing you use something pretty basic for the original synth (3xOsc?) and all the rest comes from a chain of distortion and other effects?
this sounds like a more accurate guess, FX chains are the way for most complex basses imho. that and layering.

User avatar
mromgwtf
Posts: 882
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 1:06 pm

Re: Hard 'machine gun' basses? how.

Post by mromgwtf » Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:12 pm

Sadhu wrote:
vault wrote:Sadhu uses massive for that pretty sure.
i dont :D
Let me guess. Absynth.
Exilium wrote:distorted square

User avatar
killakam98
Posts: 219
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:18 am
Location: CPD, NY
Contact:

Re: Hard 'machine gun' basses? how.

Post by killakam98 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:30 am

Siyico wrote:Sup guys.

I've been trying my absolute hardest to try and make a patch similar to something like this and I've had no luck at all so I thought i'd ask here. Sorry if it's the wrong section or not allowed etc (just close etc if it is :) )


Starting to really annoy me haha.

Hard machine gun sound similar to the links below. Very popular sound in the hard dubstep scene, I just have no clue at all on how to make something similar (then add my own sound onto it etc)

0:58
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dq4powSXNc

0:24
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTbGzBIDtaY

Any information will be really helpfull. Cheers.

Massive, FL10 if that's cool :3 thanks
detuned saw + phase mod + lots of distortion
WICKED
Soundcloud
DREAMZ
Soundcloud
BASS MUSIC MISC.
Soundcloud

Ledger
Posts: 256
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:17 pm

Re: Hard 'machine gun' basses? how.

Post by Ledger » Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:53 pm

sunny_b_uk wrote:
Brothulhu wrote:I'm guessing you use something pretty basic for the original synth (3xOsc?) and all the rest comes from a chain of distortion and other effects?
this sounds like a more accurate guess, FX chains are the way for most complex basses imho. that and layering.
You'd be surprised what Massive can do with just it's on FX and inserts. Listen to a Getter or Rekoil track, and the most any of their basses will have is some EQing. :cornlol:
fragments wrote:I am sure there are a million shitty "EDM" producers all jerking each other off with their "cool tune bro feedback4feedback" posts and "net labels".

User avatar
sunny_b_uk
Posts: 899
Joined: Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:48 am
Location: Wolverhampton

Re: Hard 'machine gun' basses? how.

Post by sunny_b_uk » Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:00 pm

sofarmusic wrote:
sunny_b_uk wrote:
Brothulhu wrote:I'm guessing you use something pretty basic for the original synth (3xOsc?) and all the rest comes from a chain of distortion and other effects?
this sounds like a more accurate guess, FX chains are the way for most complex basses imho. that and layering.
You'd be surprised what Massive can do with just it's on FX and inserts. Listen to a Getter or Rekoil track, and the most any of their basses will have is some EQing. :cornlol:
the thing is iv previously used massive for 4 years straight from 2008. unless a person layers a few massives or adds FX to make the specific sounds sadhu makes, it would take a very long time trying to find the right settings in massive. im sure sadhu rely's on layering and doesn't use synths for every bass. i can tell getter and rekoil use massive (getter use's reason a bit too) but if you listen to sadhu's stuff carefully you can hear manipulated samples, or at least a whole bunch of layered sounds in 1 bass.
every opinion to their own.

User avatar
Descended
Posts: 48
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:35 pm
Contact:

Re: Hard 'machine gun' basses? how.

Post by Descended » Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:24 am

I know how to make it I used it in my Fallout Remix but I can't let you hear it because the winners are not announced jet
I'm not going to share too much knowledge but it has nothing to do with pitchshifting
It's very easy to make

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests